OUGD603: Evaluation (Brief 8)

by Roxxie Blackham on Friday 22 May 2015

I was really excited to start working on this brief with James as we had collaborated in second year and I’m still so proud of the brief that we produced. However, a few weeks into the brief James decided to drop out as he didn’t feel as though he had the time to work on it with all of his other commitments. Although James decided to stop working on the brief, I had done quite a bit of work and research for it already and wasn’t prepared to drop it all, so set out to finish the brief on my own.

Working on the large brief on my own was quite daunting, so I trimmed the brief slightly to suit more of my strengths and capabilities. I decided to turn the brief into a concept brief so that I could improve upon my Photoshop skills and wanted to teach myself how to produce my own mockups from scratch.

I think that incorporating photos of flowers that I had taken myself added to the design and made the concept a lot stronger and I am extremely pleased with how this brief developed. I think that the designs are strong and the mockups that I created are actually quite professional! I’m definitely impressed by myself and surprised myself quite a lot during this brief.

I furthered a variety of software skills, as well as personal and time management skills through working on this brief alone. I think that I will like to revisit this brief after submission to see what I can add to it to make it stronger and a bit more substantial for my portfolio.

However, I am definitely really pleased with how the final outcomes turned out and it has definitely become a proud addition to my portfolio.

Leave your comment