OUGD603: Lunasol Logo Development (Brief 2)

by Roxxie Blackham on Thursday 7 May 2015

Both me and J'nae produced a variety of logos and sent them over to each other now and then to get constant feedback and to share ideas for development.

You can find an issuu document of the development of my logo ideas below:



Final Logo:



The final logo was created by combining the look of two different typefaces manually on Illustrator. I played around with the serifs on a typeface to make them thinner and pointier so that they complimented the crescent moon shape. I think that the final logo works really well for the brand as it's not overly feminine. I like the serif typeface as it works well with the moon due to the thicker and thinner sections of the letterforms. I also quite like the spaced out kerning as it breaks the logo up a bit and makes it easier to read. I think that the simplified logo works better than some of my other ideas, as we can apply it across a variety of things and we can even use the moon itself as an icon on it's own.

Leave your comment