OUGD603: Lunasol Logo Research (Brief 2)

by Roxxie Blackham on Sunday 3 May 2015

As we have struggled with logotype ideas, I decided to have a look into some existing logos that were either inspired by Bohemian aesthetics or jewellery brand logos.







I really like this logo - the designer has created a really simple logotype as well as an icon that work alongside one another really nicely. I think that our logo would work if it's simplistic as the name is quite long and we don't want to distract from the images of the jewellery or anything. Also, because we want to incorporate foiling or vinyl on our packaging, business cards, etc we need to make sure that the design is simple so that it works well!




I like the vintage feel to this branding, and the fact that the typeface they chose to work with looks quite middle eastern, which suits the boho vibe. I don't like the dark contrast photography that they've used on their product shots, as you can't really see the potential of the design, but I think the intricacy to the logo is interesting.


The Blu Seagal logo works really well for their brand, as they seem quite feminine and natural. I like the use of plants within the logo as it makes it seem more down to earth and natural, however I'm not entirely sure if our brand should be so feminine or not!


I think that this logo is slightly stereotypical of bohemian ideologies. I do really love sun and moon patterns, but I think that it might be a bit too detailed for a logo, as it wouldn't really work at a small scale! I also don't think that the typeface works particularly well. However, I quite like the colours used in the logo, as they feel very natural and earthy.





I quite like this logo, because the icon for the brand is so simple yet so clever. I do think that our brand should have an icon that we can be recognised by, so this will be something to definitely consider within the designing stage.





Although I don't particularly like this logo, I really like the thought that went into the business cards for this brand. I like how they considered adding a wood texture embossed into the card, as this makes the brand seem very hand made and earthy, which is a really nice touch! I also love the use of props in the photography.

I think when we design our logo it needs to be symplistic, yet encompass Bohemian aesthetics and ideologies. I think it'll be good to have a logotype as well as an icon, so that the logo is more adaptable and can work easily across different areas of the branding.

Leave your comment